Smidge Probiotic Capsules (formerly Primal Gut)
Nurture your gut microbiome Smidge® - Probiotic Capsules (formerly Primal Gut™)
- A 13-strain formula that aims to create and sustain a healthy gut microbiome.
- Can help with regularity and trouble-free digestion.
- The bacteria within the capsules each have proven benefits for digestion.
- Free from common allergens and produced in small batches to maximise freshness.
Smidge® Probiotic Capsules (formerly Primal Gut™) is essential for advanced gut health as this 13-strain blend helps you regenerate and maintain a healthy microbiome.
Smidge® Probiotic capsules are ideal if you've used probiotics in the past and are at a more advanced stage of digestive healing — and want to keep maintaining a healthy gut. You may have experienced some benefits of probiotic supplements but want more, or wanting more than your current probiotic is delivering.
This little capsule holds 13 clinically-proven probiotic strains for gut health; 12 human strains and one plant strain (L. rhamnosus, L. casei, L. acidophilus, L. paracasei, L. brevis, L. gasseri, L. salivarius, B. bifidum, B. breve, B. infantis, B. longum, B. lactis — and the green guy, L. plantarum).
These probiotics are living organisms that reside deep within your gut. They can help to digest food and absorb nutrients and keep harmful microorganisms under control. A healthy community of probiotic bacteria can support the following:
- A strong and well-regulated immune system: Probiotics have been shown in hundreds of studies to both support a vigilant immune system and help regulate immune response.
- Comfortable and thorough digestion: Probiotics support a healthy digestive system and also play critical roles in helping your body break down and absorb nutrients. They even produce critical vitamins when your body is in need, like K2 and several B vitamins.
Smidge recommends taking your probiotic with a meal or directly before the meal (around the same time daily). It's beneficial if the meal also contains some natural, organic fat or oil. Taking your probiotic with yummy food provides a buffering system for the supplement and ensures its safe passage through the digestive tract. Food also provides the friendly bacteria in your probiotic the proper nourishment to ensure its survival in your gut. Smidge Probiotics work best with an ancestral diet: unprocessed foods (meat, vegetables, fruits), healthy fats (olive oil, butter, lard, coconut oil, etc.) and no grains (i.e., no wheat, corn, rice, etc.).
Please avoid taking probiotics with certain foods that may diminish the potency:
Avoid chlorinated water. Avoid hot soup and hot beverages (coffee, tea, etc.). Avoid highly processed foods (store-bought juice, sugar, wheat and soy products).
Bifidobacterium infantis, Lactobacillus rhamnosus, Bifidobacterium longum, Lactobacillus casei, Bifidobacterium bifidum, Lactobacillus acidophilus, Lactobacillus plantarum, Bifidobacterium breve, Lactobacillus brevis, Lactobacillus gasseri, Bifidobacterium lactis, Lactobacillus paracasei, Lactobacillus salivarius, Microcrystalline cellulose (base for encapsulation), Hydroxypropyl methylcellulose (HPMC), and water. Other ingredients: Microcrystalline cellulose, hydroxy-propyl methylcellulose, water.